Kashmir University PG/Masters Admission 2023: On-line Applications are invited from the eligible candidates (Bachelors) for appearing in Kashmir University Entrance Test (KUET) for admission to the below mentioned Professional and Non-Professional Programmes for the academic session 2023.
|Name of Admission||Kashmir University PG/Masters Admission 2023|
|Admission Process||Entrance Test (KUET)|
|Eligibility||Candidates who have passed their Bachelor’s degree with required percentage and subject combinations reflected in the Eligibility page|
|Programs Offered||Masters (Professional) and Masters Programme (Non-Professional)|
|Minimum Required Percentage||Varies by program (see article)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application Forms||07-04-2023|
|Contact Information||Directorate of Admissions & Competitive Examinations: Direct Numbers: 0194-2272063, 2272066|
However, the candidates who have passed their qualifying examination under Choice Based Credit System Scheme are eligible/can apply for admission to the PG Programme/s only in such subjects where he/she has earned/obtained at least 24 credits in Core or Generic Elective Courses at Under-Graduation Level. However, for the courses/programmes where there is open eligibility like LL.B, MA Mass Communication & Journalism, MA Library & Information Science, MA Linguistics, MA Anthropology, MA Social Work etc., the candidates having passed their qualifying examination in any discipline are eligible/can apply for admission to said programmes.
Kashmir University PG Admission Eligibility:
Candidates having passed the qualifying examination (Bachelors) with the required percentage and subject combinations reflected in the Eligibility page available on the official website of the University are eligible to apply for appearing in KUET.
|Programme||Minimum required Percentage|
|MSW, M.Sc. IT, MCA, MTTM|
|All Other programmes|
Masters/Bachelors Programme (Professional) in:
MTTM, M.Ed., M.P.Ed., Mass Communication & Journalism, MCA, LL.B (3-Year), Integrated B.Ed-M.Ed;
Masters Programme (Non-Professional) in:
Arabic, English, Hindi, Kashmiri, Linguistics, Persian, Sanskrit, Urdu, Commerce, Economics, Education, Psychology, Anthropology, History, Islamic Studies, Political Science, Library & Information Science, Sociology, Social Work, Gender Studies, Biochemistry, Nanotechnology, Botany, Bio-resources, Clinical Biochemistry, Zoology, Microbiology, Electronics, Home Science, Food Science & Technology, Information Technology, Disaster Management, Environmental Science, Geography, Applied Geology, Geo-Informatics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Statistics;
Detailed eligibility criteria for various Programmes offered by the University are mentioned in the Prospectus-2023 available on the University Website www.kashmiruniversity.net under the link Admissions. The syllabi prescribed for Entrance Test and previous Entrance papers are also available on the same link i.e. Admissions.
Kashmir University PG Admission Important dates
|Submission of On-line Application Forms||20-03-2023|
|Last date of submission of On-line Application Forms and deposition of online Application/Entrance Test fee||07-04-2023|
Steps to Apply for KUET PG Entrance 2023:
The candidates are advised to follow the below steps for filling of On-Line Application Forms for KUET (Kashmir University).
Step-1: Visit http://www.kashmiruniversity.net or www.kashmiruniversity.ac.in and click on Link Admissions. Read Important Instructions for Registration and Submission of Form carefully before proceeding further.
Step-2: Candidate needs to register himself/herself before submitting the Online Application Form. For Registration with the System Click on the “Register as Student”. Remember, the Username and Password for future reference.
Step-3: After successful Registration, login into the system for submitting On-line Application Form.
Enter your “Registration No.” and Click “Next”.
Step-4: Enter the required details and Upload your latest passport size Photograph and click “Next”.
Step-5: Select the desired Preferences (After last date the Preference of Campus/College selected will not be updated/changed). Click “Next”.
Step-6: If there is any variation click on “Previous” button, make necessary corrections and then Click “Submit”. Get a printout of the Form and note the Form No. for future reference.
Step-7: Deposit the non-refundable “Application Fee of Rs. 250/- (including Rs. 150/- as IT Fee) and Entrance Test fee of Rs. 500/-“ i.e Rs. 750/- for one Programme and Rs. 250/- for each subsequent Programmes, through Online mode only.
Step-8: Applicant can view the Application details by providing username and password. Applicant is required to make sure that “Application Status” on application form is “Fee Received” after 3 days otherwise application will be treated as incomplete and summarily rejected.
Submission of downloaded Application Forms (Hard Copy):
Candidates need not to submit the hard copy of the Application Form; however, they must take printout of the online submitted Application Form and retain it with themselves for future reference.
- Directorate will not check/verify the educational/category certificates etc. of the candidates at the time of appearing in the written examination and it will be the sole responsibility of the candidate to satisfy whether he/she is meeting the prescribed criterion. However, the documents will be verified at any point of time during process of Admission. The admission will be rejected if it is found that the applicant does not fulfill the eligibility criteria or has misrepresented/suppressed the information.
- The candidates must check the status of their Application Forms after three days of its online submission. In case, the status of Application is not updated to “Fee Received” or “Fee Reconciliation is pending”, the candidate should contact the Directorate of IT & SS, University of Kashmir, along with Application Form and all other documents, within two days after the last date of submission of Application Form. Thereafter, no claim, whatsoever, will be entertained by the University.
- Submission of Application Forms and appearance in the Entrance Test is subject to determination of eligibility for admission to the Programme by reference to the Admission Policy-2023.
- The detailed Date Sheet for conduct of Entrance Test shall be issued separately.
- Notification for Self Financed Seats shall be issued after issuance of 1st selection list. However, only those candidates shall be considered for admission under Self Financed Seats Category, who have applied and appeared in the Entrance Test of subject concerned.
The Admission Notification for Management, B.Tech, BA-LL.B. etc. Programmes/Courses will be issued separately.
- For any further query/ information, the candidates are welcome to contact University on following numbers:
Directorate of Admissions & Competitive Examinations: Direct Numbers : 0194- 2272063, 2272066.
FAQs – KUET Entrance Test 2023
- What is the Kashmir University PG/Masters Admission 2023?The Kashmir University PG/Masters Admission 2023 is an invitation to eligible candidates to apply for admission to various Professional and Non-Professional Programmes for the academic session 2023 offered by Kashmir University through the Kashmir University Entrance Test (KUET).
- Who can apply for Kashmir University PG Admission?Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination (Bachelors) with the required percentage and subject combinations reflected in the eligibility page available on the official website of the University are eligible to apply for appearing in KUET.
- What is the last date to submit the on-line application form?The last date to submit the on-line application form and deposition of online Application/Entrance Test fee is 07-04-2023.
- Do candidates need to submit the hard copy of the application form?No, candidates need not submit the hard copy of the application form; however, they must take a printout of the online submitted application form and retain it with themselves for future reference.
- Will the educational/category certificates be verified at the time of appearing in the written examination?No, the Directorate will not check/verify the educational/category certificates etc. of the candidates at the time of appearing in the written examination, and it will be the sole responsibility of the candidate to satisfy whether he/she is meeting the prescribed criterion. However, the documents will be verified at any point in time during the process of Admission.
Leave a Reply